A man as young as 40 may experience a 40% decrease in his testosterone levels, compared with when he was 20.
This drop in testosterone, known as andropause, can result in a number of symptoms, such as:
- Reduced sexual drive
- Emotional, psychological, and behavioural disturbances
- Decrease in muscle mass and bone mass
- Loss of muscular strength
- Increase in fat deposits on the upper and middle body
- Decrease in height
- Lack of energy
- Mood swings
- Problems concentrating or memory loss
This condition, which can be treated with testosterone supplements, should be considered in the context of your overall state of health, including an assessment of other hormone levels to ensure that more serious underlying conditions are not overlooked. Moreover, the effects of hormone therapy are impacted by metabolism, nutrition, exercise, and restful sleep. That’s why Créa-MeD always adopts a multidisciplinary, rather than a purely medical, approach to this problem.